[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

re: (meteorobs) Fireball Rates in New Zealand

George, I think if you examine the reports, you'll find that there are only
3 or 4 New Zealand fireballs. Most are multiple sightings of the same
fireball I think. The first on Jan 31 has times from 0203 UT to 0205,
similar durations, color, etc.
The second on Apr 20 (one report)
The third on Apr 25 from 0223 to 0225 (with a 30 min train) same meteor?
A fourth on Apr 27 around 0647 many reports.

Also, since this was during the Lyrids, maybe there were many
observers...although I'm not sure where the Lyrid radiant is from New
Zealand at that hour.

Does this make sense?

Wayne
Original Text