[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Fireball Rates in New Zealand

I have noticed a larger number of fireball reports coming from down under in
previous FIDAC reports. [By the way, if anyone is not on the mailing list for
FIDAC fireball reports, let both me and NAMN know. They can add you to the list,
and I can forward this last report to you.] The only way to really give any
statistical significance to this apparent increase would be to either:

	a) screen out all reports not from meteor observers, and use relative
	   total Teff's for any given period of those reporting fireballs; or,
	b) somehow correct for the number of hours both casual and meteor
	   observers were actually out under the sky. (This would have to
	   take into account observers' reports, average weather, etc.)

Is there a "Fireball Commission" which does this kind of analysis in IMO?

Lew