[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

re: (meteorobs) Fires

Take care of yourself George.
Guess you're payin' for all those clear nights we easterners were so
jealous of.
I'll try and send some rain :-)
Wayne
-------------
Original Text
From GeoZay@aoldot com, on 7/1/96 10:11 AM:
To: <meteorobs@latradedot com>

Well, I know this has nothing to do with the meteor observers mailing
list...but the possibility that I may be very inactive via email due to
Fires
in S. Calif. promps me to give a pre warning of my seemingly disappearance.
 I'm very surprised that I was here this morning to even be able to say
this.
 The last 3 days I was up in the Riverside area on 2 major brush fires...we
just got back late last night and just barely missed being sent to another
fire near Idyllwild. Today is my regular work day again..dot it looks like it
will continue being very hot and brush fires will most likely be active.
 What I'm trying to explain is my possible absence to anyone's comments
etc.
If I do disappear from your monitors, this is most likely the reason....Oh
one meteor comment to make...around midnight at the Moreno Valley Fire I
saw
a -5 fireball broke up into several pieces as it neared the horizon.  It
was
a pretty green.  I wasn't able to get any shower assn. possibilities due to
the work at hand...that indeed frusted me. I  suspect it could have been
Sagittarid related though.  It did get the juices flowing..dot despite the
full
moon. later all.
George Z.