[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Letter to the Editor

Marc,

the following letter is for the WGN "Letters to the editor".

REQUESTING FIREBALL REPORTING ADDITIONS

Before I start this letter, I want to make it clear that I think Andre Knofel
is doing a very fine job heading up FIDAC and putting together the Bi-monthly
FIDAC News.  However, I would still like to make a suggestion that the
Fireball Report form and FIDAC News incorporate a couple minor, but important
additions.  On the Fireball Report form, it does not call for Shower
Identification if known, nor if the Fireball was sighted during the course of
an organized meteor watch and for during what period of time.  I think these
three items should be asked for.  I believe this would help better establish
daily or any patterned fireball rates.  Also within the FIDAC News
publication, I think somehow it should be shown whether a fireball was shower
identified and during what period it was observed if seen during a meteor
watch.  I refer to the FIDAC News when I want to make some sort of Analysis
or survey, but feel that this missing information is too important to
proceed.
George Zay,
La Mesa, Calif. USA