[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: hypered films for meteor photography?

>Slightly off-topic, but has anyone on the list tried using hypersensitized
>film for longer-exposure meteor photography? Is there a big problem with
>fogging? (An astrophotographer suggested using hypered black&white Kodak
>Technical Pan 2415.)

Another thought occurred to me as to why I don't use Hypered film for meteor
work since I sent my last message about it.  I usually use a 36 exposure roll
of film for 3 nights on average...(.unless something exceptional occurred
prior to the last night, of which I'll develop right away) . Anyhow, I just
leave the film in the camera until it's used up...then develop at my
convenience.  If hypered film is left in a camera for more than one day..dot it
will become badly fogged...to tell the truth...more than half a day would
most likely fog your film.

 I didn't make any real serious comparisons with preflashing film, but this
method might have more potential for meteor photography. I just wonder how
Preflashing would affect the reciprocity failure rate?
George Z.