[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Observed last night

Well,

I had decent enough weather last night and observed for little over 6
hours...Activity was still very low..dot despite the quarter moon.  I looked
towards the north all night.  I had LM's around 6.0 to about midnight and
then they were around 5.4 until dawn.  I started at 10 pm local and stopped
at 4h23am local.  I plotted 21 meteors.  The brightest was a -3 sporadic.
 The only real interesting meteor was a 0 magnitude pointer at coordinates RA
17h30m  Dec. +67. It lasted about a second long. it just kept getting
brighter and then fizzled out and brightened up again....Looked pretty
good..dot since I was pretty much looking right at it from the beginning.  It
definitely wasn't a satellite...I followed that general area to make
sure...also it occured at 1h14m local time...not likely satellite time.  I
plan on observing tonight again...after that I'm back on my work cycle for a
week.  later.
George Z.