[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) NASA fireball dust collector...

>>>... Still, there is a definite ability to report
fireballs almost instantaneously. To me it seems this would have to rest on
the shoulders of meteor observers, as relying on the public to collect the
data properly in most cases would not work. This leads me to a couple of
questions concerning the plane you mentioned:...<<<

Mark and everyone,

Regarding your questions:

I have a query on fireball parameters in to Mike Zolensky and will report
when I hear more.  I don't think there is a precedent for this sort of
experiment.  I might be wrong but I think it will take an extraordinary
fireball to merit a special flight but of course these bolides do happen
over the US over the course of the year.

I don't know who the most efficient reporting intermediary would be.  Maybe
NAMN or the most active US observing group?  Or members of this discussion
list?

I think my own limited role is just to make this initial connection and I
trust the fireball reporting details can be worked out with dialogue.

Regards,
Tom Ashcraft