[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Fireball Reporting

-- [ From: Robert Lunsford * EMC.Ver #2.10P ] --

Mark,

I believe that everyone who corresponds here is responsible enough to
contact NASA directly should a extraordinary fireball event occur. I do
not believe that going through anyone in ALPO, the IMO, or NAMN would
prove beneficial. It would just slow down the process of reporting such
an event when time is of the essence.

What needs to be determined is the limiting magnitude of such a "call
for action". It should probably be -10 and brighter. There are too many
events fainter than -10 to warrant NASA ending up on a wild goose
chase.

Bob Lunsford