[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Is Hale-Bopp source of Quadrantids?

Noticed a conversation regarding possible Meteor activity from Hale-Bopp.
David Knisely ran his Dance of the planets...and showed Earth's closest
approach to Hale-Bopp will be about 0h UT on January third. This rang a
bell in my little brain. So, since I'm still so orbitally challenged, and
according to Gary Kronk, no comet is yet known for the Quadrantids, is
there any possibility that Hale Bopp may be the source, if it has made
other appearences?According to Gary's analysis, the Quadrantid orbit's
inclinationhas varied from at least 72 to 13 dgrees, while the current
perihelion is .975 au. Hale Bopp's q is about .914.
	I don't know how to interpret all this numerical soup yet. Can someone
tell me if I'm way off base or not? Hello, Gary??
	Thanx, just musing away,
Wayne