[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) rotating shutter mania (was Re: Neil Bones "Meteors")

And KevTK@aoldot com responded:
>keep from being beaten up-fellow member George Helmke makes rotating choppers.

Wayne, I'd be interested in your design once you've got the kinks out! Also,
Kevin, if your friend is interested in productionizing his shutter-making
process, I might need to buy one off him: see below. ;>

Coincidentally, I'm working with a friend right now on a much smaller shutter
design than George's. I'm hoping to isolate it a bit and mount it on the same
tripod with my camera. It uses a little 12V motor off an old answering machine,
runs off an old-type 9V battery, and it'll use a simple dual switch to move
between 10 and 20 rps (or whatever I put in resistors for). A digital readout
would be a nice addition to this, too! IF it works, I'll let the list know, and
anyone who's interested can get plans/pictures for it. If not, I'll let the list
know so people can get a laugh and avoid my mistakes. :)

Clear skies,
Lew