[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Fireballs and Debris

>But still, there are a number of fireball reports on sci.astro that sound
>suspiciously like debris and it would be valuable to have some sort of
>checklist for filtering the various phenomena.

Hi, Tom. I agree that it would be nice. Probably the only totally reliable way
of doing this would be finding bolide trajectories, though, which means either
catching it on film, video, or radar I guess. Still, it would be great if one of
the zillion satellite prediction programs out there could be easily adapted to
predicting decays: this would be a good first check before one of us reported a
bolide to the Right Stuff Team out in Houston. Should we cross-post this to the
seesat-l list, do you think? Sounds like this would be up their alley...

Clear skies,
Lew