[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) July 5/6 6/7...

<< But boy did I freeze up when those
 3 came so fast. Next time, I'll be more mentally prepared,and at least be
 able to plot the third with a *3* level of accuracy.>>

Wayne,

Don't worry too much about plotting all 3 meteors accurate.  This happens to
me frequently.  Sometimes I'm able to record  pertinent data for all 3, but
more often than not, I'm able to plot only 1 with certainty and the other two
I'm less certain.  Sometimes I only plot one and only cognizant enough to
recognize the other two as sporadics and not plotted.  I'm usually able to
get at least the magnitudes.  You just do your humanly best.  It is
frustrating sometimes when you don't see anything for nearly an hour and then
all of a sudden you see 3 coming from different directions within the same
minute...dot it's the ole classical "Feast or Famine" syndrome I guess.
George Z.