[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: Re[2]: extra-ordinary fireball events

<< Subj:	Re[2]: extra-ordinary fireball events
 Date:	96-07-09 17:26:48 EDT
 From:	zolensky@snmail.jsc.nasadot gov
 To:	GeoZay@aoldot com

      Hi
      That all sounds great.  I am checking with the aircraft people now to
      set up their schedule, so I should know where they are in the future.
      Happy hunting.
      Mike

Okay everyone, above is the reply from Mike Zolensky in regards to reporting
extra-ordinary fireball events to him with the purpose of NASA flying a plane
thru  it to gather meteor dust.  The plan is as follows:

# It's for the U.S. only at the moment.
# Fireballs of -10 or brighter that produces sonic booms or rumblings will be
reported.
# Daytime Fireballs will be reported as well.
# It's up to the individuals to report these sightings directly to Mike
Zolensky...his email address is above.
# Reports of these fireballs needs to be sent to him within a "few days" of
the fireball event...the sooner the better.
# Also, post your sightings here on the Meteor Observers mailing list as
well, so that we will know what has been reported.
# It's not necessary that we ourselves see these things, but if we catch wind
of a fireball from various postings, you can report these as well.
# Try to be as accurate as you can ...that is list the names of various
places where these sightings are reported.

Mark,
Please word this somehow within our next Newsletter if you will.  Not too
many of our folks observe, but they love to forward news media gossip.  You
can have these people either email me their sightings or directly to
Zolensky's address.

George Zay