[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

re: (meteorobs) Observations were Foiled

George,
sorry you and Bob were clouded out.Hopefully Lew and I, the Northeast
contingent will be able to keep an eye on the sky tonight...though it'll be
a bundle up night!
Thanks for the information on the Qudrantids and comet 96P/Macholz. If only
I had joined IMO earlier I would have known:-)
Wayne
-------------
Original Text
From GeoZay@aoldot com, on 7/10/96 9:01 AM:
To: <meteorobs@latradedot com>

Well,

I was out at the observatory ready to put in a full nights worth of meteor
observations...then around 8:30 pm, a big layer of tropical clouds rolled
over high above..dot it stayed all night...as a matter of fact, it's suppose
be there tonight as well....and after the weather reports for last night in
the local mountains were for clear skies. I think tonight may be the
same...I'll have to keep an eye to the sky....Apparently my weather woes
isn't as bad as some of you along the east coast....I'd advise all you
people
along Florida and the Carolinas etc. to back up all your important stuff in
your computers. Good luck and all and I'll be waiting anxiously for you  to
report  your status after ole Big Bertha does it's thing....take care.
George Z.