[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Plotting maps

George, looks like my mentioning ZayCircles (sorry if my humor has branded
you for life :-) was a good idea. Your response raised several points. I
had been afraid to modify the charts to fit the patterns *eye* see,
thinking that it would cause problems for the people who transfer the data
into the Great Computer at IMO and elsewhere. If I can add a few connecting
lines, I probably could improve my speed and accuracy substantially!
	This also raises a question on how the IMO transcribes the plots.
Perhaps someone on the non-hurricane side of the North Atlantic would care
to answer. I know that the maps I plot on are not exactly at the same scale
as the original atlas BRNO charts, having been passed thru copiers several
times. How is this compenstaed for when marking the positions for entry?
	Wayne