[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Perseids were visible on July 13/14

Hey folks!

Last night I did my meteor report and went over the plots that I did on the
night of July 13/14...just for grins I figured where the Perseid radiant
would be if it was active.  When I went over each meteor I discovered that I
had 9 Perseids that night out of a total of 57 meteors. I also had 2 July
Pegasids, 2 S. Delta Aquarids, 2 Alpha Capricornids, 4 Sagitarrids and 38
sporadics.  The sporadics definitely increased by themselves since I observed
the previous 2 days past.  I was under the impression that Perseid activity
begins near July 17th, but I think this will have to be adjusted eventually
for at least 3 or 4 days earlier even.
George Z.