[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Early Perseids?

I'm a bit surprised that you're a bit surprised that people are a bit
surprised that you're reporting Perseids as early as this. Something
tells me that the orbital geometry is such that we can't yet be
encountering the stream.... One or two an hour might just be
accounted for by chance alignments; I suspect if you were to
extrapolate the Perseid radiant position to where it could be in
September, and then went looking, you'd find similar rates lining up
to that.....
Oh for a clear night! Southern UK trapped between bands of cloud
between a depression and anticyclone; today's a bit bluer and better!
Maybe a few of us will get our summer campaigns underway in the next
few nights?
Neil Bone