[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Meteor Report

Gregg,

Interesting report you posted...After a few lines I thought you were leading
up to the beginnings of a
romance novel and might have to wipe my monitor screen off...steam you know?
although different...at least your were out
observing...I assume you will be preparing a report on either an IMO re-
port form or a NAMN form? If you need forms sent to you let me know
and I will postal mail them.  If you want, you might  try
to email them to me using the online format?..If you don't have the
online format I will email it to you. When you compute your Mean
Magnitudes you only need to go 2 digits beyond the decimal...Did
you plot these or used the Counting method?  You mentioned plot, but I wasn't
too sure If you are experienced at plottings and that just slipped out?
If you don't plot you ought to consider
it when activity is low?...you know...more bang for your efforts.
If you need charts let me know as well.  If you have been plotting, have you
been submitting them to IMO?  Sorry...just not familiar with your experience
and
trying to get a grasp of it here. I would be interested in seeing your
efforts in report form so that I can give it a critiquing.
I haven't noticed any Perseids prior to July 13/14...but I haven't observed
the previous 2 nites...but prior to that I don't think I seen any, but I
haven't looked that closely to be honest.  Very glad to see that you
are making a decent effort despite the weather.  I canceled out last
night...but Bob was out there...I look forward to seeing his summation.
I had to cancel...my daughter was camping for the last 2 weeks and
gave me the little deer eyes and asked if she can stay home tonight
and sleep in her own bed instead of going up with me to grandmas
house....I agreed, but that only means that I observe tonight and
tomorrow night...so I should be doing some more plotting and rolling
the camera's.
George Z.