[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Early Perseids?

<< I'm a bit surprised that you're a bit surprised that people are a bit
 surprised that you're reporting Perseids as early as this. Something

------
Neil,

I tend to agree based on my observations earlier this month...my meteor rates
for everything combined was so low, that anything that matches up with
anything in the neighborhood of 2 meteors an hour...or even per nite,  would
be a good candidate for chance alignments...But as of the nite of July 13/14
I definitely recorded 9 Perseids...I don't know about the geometry etc...but
they were there. However, I do think July 14th is within the realm of
possibilities rather than near July 3rd.  I just checked my plottings for the
nite of July 10/11 and noted 2 possible Perseids out of 25 meteors total...On
the nite of July 6/7 I have no plots that could be considered as possible
Perseids out of 18 meteors total....On the nite of July 5/6, again I have no
plots that could be considered as possible Perseids out of 21 meteors
total...boy those were some slow nights.
George Z.