[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Meteor Report

Howdy George,

......yeah better get used to it. Nothing prunes my hedges like
turning phrase, and what's the sense of reporting on
stuff in a monotone when you can sing in color, huh?

Contrary to appearances, both in print and in person, I can meteor
with the best of' em. I have been chasin' Perseids
since 1979, and I do plot, but strictly for my own joy, for the
master plot which emerges in the end is a lovely picture
of what I went through, particularly when laid ove top of all the
other years. The plots are not meant for science.
And I do consider my 'dead time' in Teff........

I am....and I may have mentioned this to you before, I know I get
around to mentioning it to everybody sooner or
later...............primarily interested in meteor watchin' for the
sake of the beauty of this event in nature, and the kindred
spirit it fertilizes. I am poetic by nature.....I tried science
during my 10 years of swithcing majors in college....dot it was
astronomy, of all things, but describing things with equations was a
of a beauty I had no appreciation for.....kind of
like Box CAr Willie...............so don't get frustrated if I tend
to wander off in my descriptions, or make light of folks
workin' hard at contributing to meteor science......my data is
accurate; I am serious about what I record. And I am a
member of IMO, etc, and do forward my data........so, don't let my
apparent cavalier attitude, or whatever the heck it
comes off as, fool you......

As we both know from seein' and compilin' data, inaccuracy tends to
have bad breath, and that's an easy aroma
to detect............

I have all the forms, but I see no sense in them till all is said and
done.......and I am not blessed with copious free
time....I am at work, working even as I type this...........

....you get the idea I'm not accustomed to be questioned on things?

I must really be tired,
Gregg