[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Early Perseids?

Howdy Neil,

Yeah, I realize that.....but I do take into consideration, as well,
the physical characteristics. According to the, ahem,
experts, the shower is considerd to be starting right about now.......
I've always the eager beaver.
It's a rather subjective thing at the tail ends of the shower, and I
have to have a bit of faith in the ol' eyeballs, huh?

Gee whiz, if I let someone talk me out of something because of
orbital geomoetry, why where woulds I be?????

Yeah, where's a clear night when ya need one?

.....as I ponder it.......with all the meteors I've counted over the
year.....I really think I have not encountered many "chance"
encounters. Stuff appears I wasn't aware of, or expecting, and it
turns out to be something in particular was active then.
With a 1 in 360 chance, more or less, of something plotting back to
the radiant (drift 'n all), I think it's all as likely as not.
And I've never seen anything in earky September which I thought was a
Perseid. Not becasue I expect them to be
finished, but because it just ain'y happened.

Gee, I'm soundin' a bit defensive, huh? I'm just ponderin' all this
as I stroke my keys......

Gregg