[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Observing on July 13/14

>To give an example of RPM fluctuations...at the beginning of my watch the RPM
>was 2600 determined by the stroboscope...then around 2 am it was at 1400...then
>at quitting time it was back up to 2500.

Just a quick question for George: what would you say the source of those big
variations in rpm for your shutter was, George? Changes in humidity, or some
uncorrected voltage changes from your power source, or what? We've been testing
with that little tape-recorder motor I mentioned, and haven't seen anything like
that kind of variation, but then I haven't dragged the thing out into the dew...

Lew