[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Perseids were visible on July 13/14

Hi George
I did 4 hours last night, seeing 2 alpha Caps, 1 S delta Aqaurid, 2
Sagittarids and 14 Sporadics.  No Perseids yet from the deep South.  When we
see them here they are rather spectacular since they come off the radiant
which just peeps over the horizon, and burn out south of Canopus.
I may be thawing out today, a big cold front rolled in this morning, and we
are expecting snow in Johannesburg today.  So I don't hold too much hope to
observe tonight.
Tim