[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) a 7/11 fireball....

<< George, I've been forwarding a long-winded response to folks every time I
see
 one of these "Just saw a meteor!" posts on the newsgroups or ASTRO list.
Maybe
 we should draft up a standard mailing, suitable for people new to both
astronomy
 and the Web, about FIDAC's reporting form and who should use it?

------
Lew,

I have a standard that I usually send to these people..dot it's my article about
Fireball Reporting.  I ask them to use it as a guide and to send me what they
can remember.  I prefer having fireball reports from the U.S. to come to me
before going to FIDAC. This way I can  weed out the BS and make easy
corrections before it reaches Europe.  I do this as a favor for them. Also
NAMN has a fireball report form that is more comprehensive than FIDAC's...I'd
prefer to advertise the NAMN form over the FIDAC form for this reason.
George Z.