[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Possible New Radiant

Okay Boys and Girls...

Looks like I might have another new radiant to investigate...I observed last
night for about 5.75 Teff hours and recorded 74 meteors...I plotted about 70
of these.  General meteor activity is still on the up side.  I noted 12
Perseids during the night...the britest meteor was a -1.  About the possible
new radiant now...I plotted at least 8 meteors with proper characteristics
from a radiant near Eta Perseus ...that would be RA 2h39m, Dec +57.  They
appear fast like the Perseids...this was what got mine and Lunsford's
 attention...they appeared like Perseids, but they weren't coming from the
Perseid radiant.  I might have more, but haven't looked too hard at the plots
yet...but with the easy 8 picked up right away tells me that this area is
worth taking some noteworthy consideration.  If anyone is out plotting, keep
this area in mind. I don't know yet what Bob has tallied, so it will be
interesting to see his results....Gotta get some shut eye for tonight.
George Zay