[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) hello

<<
 I saw my first good meteor in a while this morning. It went
 about 30 degrees and had a persistent trail of at least a second.
 The trail seemed wide. There was also one that might have been
 a Perseid. We have had clear skies here, but I guess I am too
 close to town to get 5 or better sky. I had about 5 hours of total
 time watching with no good ones seen, so it was a relief. I think
 I will go about ten miles north for the Persieds if it is clear.
 There may be darker sky up that way.

Kevin,

You definitely have to find darker skies to enjoy the sky show...If your LM
is less than 5.0, you are being heavily penalized....still it's good that you
are looking up.
George Z.