[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Gee Whiz.......

Howdy George,

Gee, I think you took what I said much too personal.  I was
describing myself/my ways/etc.

Not only do we both watch meteors, we both can be touchy, huh?

As far as color -vs- monotones and art and all that stuff, I'm not
sure where yer comin' from or why you eveidently
took exception..........I suspect I should take more time when
rubbing this keyboard, huh? Art? Life is art.
The point I was making was why say "I saw 12 meteors last night" when
I can say "12 lovely bursts of stardust were
visited upon my starry sky last night". I was referring to my style,
it was not intended as an insult or attack. I was intimating
nothing.

I'm not certain where gathering numbers automatically has to be
regarde as science. When I look at a table of
someone else's data and see that 4 meteors were seen in one hour, or
76 in an hour, I can immediately
appreciate their disappointments, or joy. More kindred spirit stuff.
This is one reason I write down these numbers. Also,
the numbers draw nice graphs. I pass on the numbers to organizations
cause I have these numbers and maybe
they will be appreciated.

I think generally I will stay way from the whole science question
cause it simply isn't my gig. If what I do appears as
science, that's okay, the point is, that's not why I do it.

I said made light of.....I guess I should have said I joke about
that/folks of that ilk just as I
joke about myself or short order cooks or people with blonde hair. I
guess I better keep my perverse sense of
humor to myself as well.

Again.....and I'm startin' to get tired of this, you read into my
words something that did not even cross my mind. How
much time you have had nothing to do with my comment about how much
time I have. I....DO....NOT...HAVE....A...LOT
....OF...TIME!!! That's all. I'm sorry you took that as a personal
comment.

What the heck is wrong with my waiting till the end to submit my data?
  Is it better scrutinized the day after for some
reason, as opposed to later in August? You will have to explain that
to me. If my data is questionable, you will be
able to question it in one fell swoop rather than wasting your time
every time I post.

And in summation, yer honor.................my original point was
that I was tryin' to give you feel for me and how I do
things, etc. You obviously were offended more than once because you
thought I was actually criticizing you. Perhaps
I worded things poorly. That is something I will have to be more
careful of in the future, but I was NOT attacking
you or anyone else. If I thought you were a horse's patoot, I would
so.

Obviously yer repsonse has put me in a rather foul mood, but I guess
that's only natural now, huh?

As far as this is concerned, all I wanna do is watch meteors and have
myself a time of it.  It is part of what my summer

.......and that you are perhaps hinting at my doing "psedo-science",
that's okay,that's just an opinion, huh?

We seem to be at 6's and 9's, and I have been rather polite given the
nature of your misunderstanding of my poorly
worded self-description.  I will keep to my meteors, and leave the
kindred spirit in a more appropriate place.....

Peace, love, dove, huh?
Gregg