[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Perseids were visible on July 13/14

Hi George
Yep, snow is pretty rare on Joburg, last real falls were in 1982 and 1965!
But this year it is turning out to be a real cold winter.  We already had
snow in a lot of parts this year, and it seems more is to come.  I was busy
with the kappa Pavonids last night when the front rolled in and sent me
scuppering inside.  Within a couple of hours we had sleet, so that was it
for the night.  Tonight looks no better.  Maybe I'll hibernate for a while
until it turns.  The kappa Pavonids proved to be inactive, but maybe Peter
Jenniskens got something from Brazil last night.  Not sure if you know about
this event.  Peter predicted a possible outburst of the shower last seen in
1986.
Cheers
Tim