[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Early Perseids/Eta Perseids

Gary,

I'm just about thru with my report for the night of July 16/17.  The summary
of what I got is this:
15 Perseids,  4 Alpha Capricornids, 3 S. Delta Aquarids, 7 N. Delta Aquarids,
45 Sporadics.  Looking at the possible Eta Persei radiant, I came up with 9
members to look at...although 1 is a possible Perseid as well and most likely
is and another is cutting it a little close because of path length
considerations...but?  I've already ruled out about 3 or 4 due to path
lengths and thus chance alignments...this again leaves 7 fairly solid
candidates to consider.  This is out of a total of 74 meteors. It is
interesting to note that 7 of these possible Eta Perseids occured during the
last 1.2 hours before dawn. I hope to email  my report sometime saturday
afternoon after I inter it into the computer for distribution.Once I get the
charts ready to postal mail, I'll send you a copy as soon as possible for
your pleasure.  Teff  is 6.27 hours. The highest one hour rate for the
Perseids was 5...enjoy your vacation.
George Z.