[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) A Closing

>Hey ... how about those meteors!!   :)

I'm in favor of 'em. ;>

Thanks, Kev. Great message!

Finally got to SEE some meteors last night, too! Cold front blew through
during the late evening, opening up the most glorious black window onto
those sparkly heavens I have seen in a LONG time! (And I do mean sparkly:
the seeing was a planet-watcher's nightmare all night! Didn't bother me too
much. :>) Not sure if it was the extra ordinary weather, or the bilberry
I've been megadosing lately, but I noticed a MARKED darkening in my usual,
local "pink-sky" obsering site: initial estimates are for 6.0 to 6.3 for
most of the night! Very satisfying.

My numbers were MUCH lower than people have been reporting lately, though.
Lower than I'd expected for myself too. Saw only 12 or 13 meteors during
about 2 hours Teff. An unfortunate cloud line early in the session forced
me to face SW instead of my usual NE, so that might have been part of it.

Well, no time to analyse the data today: we're camping in Western Mass
tonight, (3 hour drive ahead of me) and if the Sky Gods continue to smile,
I may have a lot more to report come Monday morning! Clear skies all,

Lew

Karen Simmons & Lew Gramer lewkaren@tiacdot net http://www.tiacdot net/users/lewkaren