[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) July 20/21 Observation

Last night I observed for about 5 Teff hours under clear skies.  Meteor
activity has dropped quite a bit since I last observed a few nights ago.
 Anyhow, I logged 35 meteors with 7 being Perseids.  I might have 1 possible
Eta Perseid...but? I may have photographed a nice short -2 meteor...don't
know just yet which shower member if any it belongs to..dot it could be one of
the delta Aquarids?

Bob, There is a lot of drift smoke from a brush fire in Mexico...but I had no
problem if I looked to the North.  Also folks, some of you may be aware of
the mountain lion problem in this area...pretty bad in years past, but this
past year I haven't seen or heard any...until yesterday.  I saw one running
across the road near the observatory as I drove in...both myself and my
daugter saw it.  It look like it could be in the 60 to 90 lb class.  Bob, if
you go out tonight, I wouldn't advise eating tuna fish sandwiches.
later.
George Z.