[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Minor showers

Gary, well here in NJ there's at least one guy who has the *If it's clear
and there's no moon, I'm out there plotting* attitude. It appears that due
to meteorological (weather, that is)reasons, I'll never match the hours of
those two loonies :-) out on the left coast, but I am developing the skills,
 slowly but surely. And of course, I have yet to have tested my mettle with
looking for Geminids, an a snow covered field with temperatures in the
single digits and a 30 mph wind! I've now plotted around 80 meteors, and
feel I've turned the corner as far as the accuracy of my plots is
concerned. I now rate approximatly 50% of my plots as accurate (NAMN
category 1). Another year or two and I'll be real good! I too have much
interest in minor showers, but certainly realize the dedication required.
Slow night are really a challenge. But so far, I'm still having a lot of
fun. My plots are sent to George. Would you like me to send you a copy, or
would it be better for George (who knows what he's doing) or I (who's low
on the learning curve) digest the information and send results to you? Or
am I too new at it for the results to be particularly meaningful? Glad to
help if I can.
	Hoping for more nights like this weekend...
	Wayne