[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) plot describe count

That is why I'm using *your* guide to try and give a crash course to my
local astronomy club, Mark.
Don't know how much they can learn before the perseids, but I'm going to
try and transfer as much knowledge as I can before then. While the
observations this year may be *accuracy challenged*, hopefully there will
be enough interest sparked in a few members to learn the skills required.
(Right Kevin?). The NAMN COUNTING forms  and techniques will hopefully be
used, and since they are designed for beginners, should at least start the
process of collecting scientific data. Now, if I can just convince a few of
them to join my on those long, lonely nights up at the observatory......
	Wayne
-------------
Original Text
From Mark Davis <MeteorObs@Charlestondot net>, on 7/22/96 11:45 AM:
To: <meteorobs@latradedot com>

>As far as counting vs other methods of recording goes, surely it
>makes sense to train beginners, from the outset, to record at least
>the three basics for each meteor seen - Time, Type and Magnitude.
>From this sort of data, counts/rates can be obtained as a matter of
>course!

Good point Neil, and this is really not that difficult to do. In fact,
that's the reason the NAMN Guide was written as a 'beginners' type of
manual, as well as being free and widely available to anyone interested.

Mark Davis