[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Northern Va Meteors

<< Did not see any activity around Alpha CYG either night.  How close to eta
 Per is the alledged minor shower for these two nights? Will check the plots
 for other showers later today.  In addition I had a video setup recording
 the sky between PER, CYG and CAS and hope to have caught something both
 nights.  I have got four hours of video to watch with LM around 9th.
 Should take a week to run through it all.

 Pete Gural

-----
Pete,
Glad to hear you were out...sure would like to see your plots so that I can
give you a critique? My postal mail is:
George Zay
3946 Paula St.
La Mesa, Calif. 91941

It usually doesn't get to 20 Deg Fah. in the S. Calif. mtns...but it has and
I had some miserable times at it...but still did it ...usually all night too.
 There has been many nights that I stopped at dawn to find about 3/4 inch of
frost all over the sleeping bag.  Bob and I have both observed with winds
blowing in the neighborhood of 35 mph.  However, if this is during a major
shower, I recommend not plotting any how and use a tape recorder doing the
"Count" method. If it's during a "no nothing special type of night"...just do
what you can hopefully in one hour increments.  If you have to take a break
after each hour for a half hour do it...If it is dangerously cold...forget it
and save yourself.
George Z.