[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) plot describe count

<<   whats the big confusion people

 a "count" is when you keep track of meteors ( by fingers or some other
method)
 and at the end of the watch you have a total   and no othter data  along
 with it except maybe from which shower it came from if any

 jim houser

------

Jim,

when I first started meteor observing, the first thing I did was read the
book from IMO about how to do it.  When I read about the "Counting" method, I
thoroughly understood right then what it meant...never question it....figured
anything less than the required info was not meteor observing for scientific
purposes and accepted it as that. I had no intentions of doing what was less
than acceptable...so "Counting" means to me to include Time, Magnitude, speed
and shower association. Since then I included Persistent train durations.
George Z.