[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Beginners/Perseids

For the Brand spanking new meteor observers who are unsure of themselves
about the upcoming Perseids, here is a suggestion.  During your observations,
just concern yourself with the meteor lining up with the Perseid radiant and
estimating the magnitudes...During this major shower, don't worry about path
length or velocity.  why?  because, the majority of the meteors that will be
lined up with the radiant will be Perseids anyway and if you got a "stray" or
sporadic in there by mistake,  it will be balanced out with the large count.
Still write down the time for each meteor ...that is hour and minute.  You
still need to determine Limiting Magnitudes...if you are unsure about how to
do this, contact me and I will try to go into more detail.
George Zay
GeoZay@aoldot com