[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) plot describe count

<< Go out the morning of August 12th
 and count the number of Perseids you see. Use your fingers, toes, a counter,
 or anything you want. Then come back in and tell me what you saw. Post it to
 the meteorobs list, or send it to me as private email. While you are out
 there, consider if this is something you would like to get more involved in.
 If it is, let me know, and I'll help you. >>
-------
Yes go out and count...but try to put times, estimated magnitudes and shower
associations with them for your bare minimum. in this case...identify
Perseids only and make everything else sporadics until you know the
difference.  One thing I've learned in any endeavor is that the first method
you learn, it usually ends up being the dominant method you use irregardless
what modification comes down the path later.  That's why I'm so persistent in
teaching people the most accepted method to date.  Any other method or
substitude can easily become the method that they will do for now
on...useable or not.
George Z.