[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Introductions.....and the Perseids

Hi Everyone,

I thought it might be worthwhile to introduce myself to the list. My name is
Graham Beedie I currently reside in Scotland -see my signature for details.
Starting this October I shall be attending University -the subjects being
physics, chemistry and mathematics. I have been interested in astronomy
since I was about 5 or 6 years old and took it up "seriously" about 3 years
ago. In the last few months I have become interested in meteor astronomy and
whilst joining the British Astronomical Association expressed my interest
-in meteor observation- to the Meteor Section -Hi Neil!.

I had hoped to start monitoring and collecting data on the Perseids from
July 25 -stated in books as the start of the shower- but, as my luck would
have it, we have been plagued with bad weather -usually either cumulus or
high cirrus cloud. The site which I have chosen to observe from at the
moment, has a naked eye limiting magnitude of 4.0, an unfortunate
circumstance of my latitude in the summer-just ask Neil!- but as maxima
approaches the skies should be dark enough to provide useful data.

BTW, I picked up the address of the Meteorobs list from a posting of Larry's
on the Astro list (Hi Lew), I wish I had known about it sooner!. :)

Clear and dark skies,

Graham.
Graham Beedie, Monifieth, Dundee, Scotland, UK.
LAT - 56 deg 27' 54"N
LON - 003 deg 00' 42"W