[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) soul & science (was Re: plot describe count)

<< What was stated was that a NEW observer would have
 difficulty learning everything during the first watch.

------
Bob,
The quickest way a new observer can learn everything there is to know about
meteor observing is to get in there and do it all wrong the first
time...After that experience the individual will know what questions to ask
and what areas were understood. No need screwing up in stages over several
nights to what can be accomplished in one night. I'm not expecting the new
observer to take up plotting right away...but if the individual is energetic
enough it's feasible. What I'm trying to get accross to the new observer is
the procedure....experience and confidence will come over time.
George Z.