[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Plotting During Major Showers

-- [ From: Robert Lunsford * EMC.Ver #2.10P ] --

Lew,

The IMO suggests that observers abandon plotting if rates are above 10
per hour. But if you have the plotting "bug" then go ahead and plot
anytime. Just be sure that your TeFF is accurate so that an accurate
rate of Perseid activity can be obtained from your data. DO NOT plot
normal Perseids or other shower meteors. Concentrate on sporadic
meteors and possible sub-radiants in Perseus.

Personally, I will be recording everything on tape. I will occasionally
describe a meteor's path on tape and plot it after the session. I have
not seen enough activity from the sub-radiants in Perseus to warrant
plotting during the session.

Bob Lunsford