[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) AMS / radio work

Hi Tom, thanks for the information!

>I'm happily independent in my radio astronomy work.

Do you carry out analysis of your own data, or do you 'pool' data with other
observers such as Chris? Does his Radio Meteor Observer's Bulletin contain
only data, or is there articles that a novice (me) might find informative?

>Hopefully some of you will try radio observing. There is nothing like
>sitting under headphones at noon listening to the earth plow through the
>dense Arietids or Perseids with big meteor after meteor. It's thrilling.

Although I would like to try it, I still need approval. Listening to meteors
at noon, sleeping in the evening, and visually observing in the early am may
not be thrilling to my wife!  ;)

A wantabe radio observer,
Mark Davis