[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) The AMS

>It's a mystery to me. I have only recently been able to put in a continuous
>3 hour stretch, and will send them my observations on NAMN forms. And I
>will join. However, if they become an impediment to my meteor observations,
>I will not continue. As with anything else, you keep what is useful, and
>discard the rest.

I seriously doubt anyone will find the AMS an impediment to their PERSONAL
meteor observing... I think that comment has mainly been directed at the lack of
cooperation between the two Big Organizations (IMO and AMS), although maybe that
Yalta Conference that Jim mentioned in his AMS post has helped things here?

Anyway, it sure is nice to get all these hidden feelings aired out in public,
isn't it? ;> Who knows? It might actually help to foster more cooperation in
this tiny, fragile little meteor community of ours. (I hope so, anyway...)

By the way, for the record, I have never YET managed a continiguous 3-hour
observing stint! When I do (probably during New England's beautiful Fall), I
intend to join AMS. And when I do THAT, I'll probably send them (and I think
they gladly accept) observing forms in NAMN's format. (I decided this recently,
as I have enough trouble getting out one format at the moment! :<)

Thanks for the post, Wayne,
Lew