[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Plotting During Major Showers

Bob,

I also observe with a tape recorder and sometimes plot on tape. But I have
found that sometimes I am unable to plot a specific meteor because I could
not identify a nearby star. In these cases, I note in the sky the path, and
when a schedules break happens, I verify the position against my charts.

Of course this happens due to not being extremely familiar with all the
constellations, something that improves with time. But I also "study" the
constellations on cloudy nights with a planetarium program I have. Is there
any other suggestions to improve my memory of the sky to your level?

Mark Davis