[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: Intro

------- Blind-Carbon-Copy

To: "Andrew G. Bacchi" <bacchia@sparrow.csc.vscdot edu>
cc: Lew Gramer (me) <dedalus>
Subject: Re: Intro
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 96 09:53:54 -0400
From: Lew Gramer <dedalus>

Hi, Andy, and welcome to meteorobs@latradedot com! If you're looking to learn more
about meteors, at ANY level from total beginner to meteor scientist, you've come
to the right place... We're a diverse group of meteor folks, interested in every
aspect of shooting stars from counting Perseids to doing radio studies of meteor
shower structure to doing advanced visual and telescopic work! The mailing list
is associated with, but definitely not limited to, the North American Meteor
Network (NAMN), which is a large and growing network of amateurs like you and I,
just learning the hows and whys of meteors and meteor observing.

As a matter of fact, your message to the mailing list got sent to Mark Davis of
the NAMN by mistake! (Mark's email address is unfortunately very similar to the
mailing list's: MeteorObs@Charlestondot net...) Anyway, I've sent a "subscribe
bacchia@sparrow.csc.vscdot edu" to the address "majordomo@latradedot com" to sign you
up for the list, AND forwarded your introduction to the list itself, at the
address "meteorobs@latradedot com". Feel free to listen, and any time you have a
question (or suggestion!), send an email to that address.

Last but not least, meteors are an exciting science, so if the volume of mail
ever gets to be too much for you, let me know and I can sign you up for the
"digest" version of the list instead! :)

Take care, and clear skies,
Lew Gramer
owner-meteorobs@latradedot com

------- End of Blind-Carbon-Copy