[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: meteorobs-digest V1 #73

On Tue, 30 Jul 1996 owner-meteorobs-digest@latradedot com wrote:

> From: Mark Davis <MeteorObs@Charlestondot net>
> Date: Mon, 29 Jul 1996 22:33:46 -0400
> Subject: Re: (meteorobs) Ruminations on New Observers:By a new observer

> I don't want to speak for Bob here, but the Lunsford "self-paced" method
> does have a proven track record. Before Bob was the ALPO Meteors Section
> Recorder, the group was non-existent under David Levy. Once Bob took over,
> the section quickly rose to be the dominant group in the U.S. The self-paced
> method has the advantage in that a new observer knows what is expected, but
> can adjust the learning curve to their own situation.

I do not know David Levy personally, but I am surprised to read that he
did nothing for a section of ALPO.  I was under the impression that Levy
was more attentive than this when it came to amateur work.  Or am I just
learning the too human reality about yet another astronomer "hero"?

Larry

Follow-Ups: References: