[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) AMS Radiometeor Network

Jim Richardson writes:

>The only portion of the station which is standardized is the computer
>system, using a very enhanced Apple IIe as the platform.  We can offer
>limited help in obtaining this equipment, and the software is my own.

That's neat, Jim. And here I was thinking that my Mac was useless for this type
of work! Have you (or has anyone) tried porting your software to a PowerPC chip,
and MacOS instead of Path DOS? If so, I might be able to get involved in this
work after all: as I mentioned to Tom Ashcraft in a private email, the cost of a
recording device has been MY main impediment to getting into radio meteors. (Not
to mention the insignificant matter of a pile of unfinished job work sitting on
my desk - but I have my priorities! <grin>)

Lew