[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Plotting during major showers?

<< Are there regular observers who plot during the major showers, e.g.
Perseids,
 instead of the "accepted" describing method, explicitly because so few other

 people DO plot during that time? Although I'd hate to be the one missing
some of
 the show during those major-shower maxes, I wonder if this might actually be
an
 excellent time to contribute plots as well? Previously unseen complexes in
major
 shower radiants, new minor showers, or unexpected changes in sporadic
activity
 all spring to mind. Thoughts appreciated,

 Lew

------
Lew,
I'm so busy operating a camera during this period and "Counting" meteors as
well, that I don't even consider plotting the sporadics or minor activity.
 Although, it would be a good project I think, but you would have to
sacrifice your attention to the Perseids to do an adequate job. And this is
very difficult to do.  To tell the truth, I sorta think of the Perseids as a
vacation when I record their data...Unless I see something suspicious while
I'm recording, I don't intend to plot during the major showers.
George Z.