[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

re: (meteorobs) Date: Tue, 30 Jul 1996 15:33:02 -0400

Marji,
Welcome. I knew if I made a crack about no women writing, some one would
show up :-)
Seems like you saw a pretty nice fireball. There are ways to report
something like this.
If you should ever witness one that bright again sometime, try and notice
what time it is(you did),exactly where you are, and where in the sky it
starts and ends with as much detail as you can remember. Many of us spend a
lot of hours without seeing one so spectacular. The best thing about living
on that coast is there's no light polluting cities to the east! Enjoy

Wayne
-------------
Original Text
From Marji <marji@l5rdot com>, on 7/30/96 3:36 PM:
To: "'Meteor Network'" <meteorobs@latradedot com>

Hello all,

I am new to your list and have enjoyed the conversation today. I am fairly
new to observing although it has been my dream for many years. I wanted to
share a lifetime experience that happened on Sunday morning approximately
5:14. My husband and I were watching the sky (we live south of Cape
Kennedy). We had watched several meteors crossing the sky from the North by
west to the east. Then as if a rocket had been launched a small streak
started and I nudged my husband to look. From the North by east a small
meteor streak erupted into a full WHITE ball with a long trail. The
sighting lasted about 10 seconds. It was an extremely phenomenal vision. I
had not brought anything to document with.

Being on the coast definitely has some advantages(the main reason for
moving).

Marji Booker
Software QA Analyst
Level Five Research