[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Levy

>The ALPO Meteors Section HAD a handbook written by Levy and Edberg.
>During the 93 ALPO conference in Las Cruces NM Levy asked me in person
>if I was satisfied with the handbook and I replied that I was. I later
>found out that Levy was finishing his new book about that time. Anyway
>a few months later I get a call from the Astronomical League who
>publishes our handbooks telling me that the meteors handbook is out of
>stock and that Levy has refused permission for any reprints. Needless
>to say, that put me in quite a bind and forced me to produce an
>elementary handbook at breakneck speed. ENOUGH SAID!

I am sure you are aware of my feelings toward King Levy!!! :>

Perhaps he wanted his new definitive "Observing Comets, Asteroids, Mateors
and the Zodiacal Light" book as the handbook. But I guess that wouldn't
work, if you took Edberg's contributions out, that would leave what, just
his name on the cover? Your "elementary handbook" created at "breakneck
speed" is better than anything he ever dreamed of. "ENOUGH SAID!"

Mark