[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Plotting During Major Showers

-- [ From: Robert Lunsford * EMC.Ver #2.10P ] --

Wayne,  You wrote:

> Well, Lew, I suppose this is a good time to ask for input from
plotman on
>  the west coast and others who have magnitudes of more plotting
experience
>  than we do combined, as to how they get from flash across the sky,
> inscription on a plotting chart. Gentlemen....the ball is in your
court!
> Guide us! :8-)  Wayne

My secret is to get the plot done ASAP after seeing the meteor. My
pencil usually hits the chart within 5 seconds of seeing the meteor. I
only use 2 charts at a time so it does not take long to decide on which
one it belongs. After plotting, the data is entered in this order: time,
magnitude, type, duration, length, and then any special comment such as
train or color. The whole process takes an average of  30 seconds
unless the meteor appeared in Camelopardalis :)

Bob